Skip to main content

Search our furniture makers database, comprising of multiple sources.

Filter results

Search results

Displaying 1 - 12 of 12

Barefoote, Josiah, London, cm and u (d. 1744). Sale of stock announced in Daily Advertiser, 19 May 1744: ‘The Upholstery & Cabinet Goods of Mr Josiah Barefoote, deceas'd within Two Doors of Durham Yard in the Strand, viz.

Bundock, William, 53 Gt Russell St, Bloomsbury, London, u, cm and undertaker (1807–15).

Chapman, Thomas, Old Bethlem, London, cm and bedsteadmaker (1748–83). App. to John Price, upholder of London, in September 1741 for seven years. Subscribed to Chippendale's Director, 1754.

Durham, John, London, cm and u (1821–35). Trading at 16 Catherine St, Strand, 1823–28; and 16 Rupert St, Haymarket, 1829–35. Stock consisted of varieties of folding, camp and field beds, combined settee, couch and cabinet beds.

Eyre(s), James & Large, James, 226 Piccadilly, opposite ‘The Black Bear Inn’, London, carpet, bedding, cabinet warehouse and manufactory, undertakers (1777–99).

Gablin, Thomas, London, upholder (1710). In 1710 moved from the ‘Blackamoor's Head’ in Chandos St to the ‘Blackamoors Head’ in Bedford St, Covent Gdn.

Graham, Joseph & partners, London, cm and u (1767–1829). This business started by Joseph Graham involved various other members of the family in partnership.

Hutchinson, John, address unrecorded, u (1762–67).

James & Playfair, 14 New Bond St, London, trunk and plate case makers (1797–1817). Claimed to be suppliers to ‘Their Majesties, the Prince of Wales and the Duke of York’, and were successors to ‘Mr. Broomfield’.

Mayhew, John (1736–d. 1811) and Ince, William (d. 1804), London, cm.

Reid, John, William, George, Ann(e) & James, 53 Goodge St, London, cm (1781–1856). John Reid first paid rates on 53 Goodge St in 1781, and died in February 1803. From 1813– 23 George Reid is named as the occupier; and in 1824, Anne Reid.

Trimnell, Charles, Bath, Som., upholder, auctioneer and appraiser (1784–85). Trading in partnership with Thomas Trimnell at Westgate St in 1784 and alone there in 1805.