Anderton, Henry

Liverpool; cabinet maker and upholder(1811–19)
In 1811 traded from 18 Sir Thomas Buildings and in the same year is recorded at 2 Marble St with a partner called Jamieson. An address at 52 London Rd is listed in 1813, but from the following year the Marble St address was used. Retired from business in 1819 and on 9 November that year an auction sale of his stock was held. This consisted of ‘handsome Mahogany Trafalgar & other Chairs, Patent Dining, Card, Loo, Pembroke, Snap & other Tables, Secretaires, Bookcases, Chests of Drawers, Wardrobes, Sideboards, Sofas, Couches, a Spring Clock by Roskell, an Eight Day Ditto, Four-post & Camp Bedsteads, Hangings & Window Curtains, Prime Goose-feather Beds, Hair Mattresses, Paillasses, Children's Cribs, Night Chairs, Brussels, Kidderminster & other Carpets. Chimney Piece & Dressing Glasses, Chamber Articles, Polished Fire Irons etc.’ Also on offer were ‘about 400 Dozen Fancy WALL PAPERS & BORDERS’. On 17 November his stock of timber including ‘fancy Hardwood Veneers’, brasswork, benches, tools and stoves were also auctioned. Despite these sales which indicate a termination of trading, his name continues to be included in local directories until 1823. [D; Liverpool Mercury, 5 and 12 November 1819]