Search our furniture makers database, comprising multiple sources.
Displaying 1 - 25 of 30
Alexander, –, address unrecorded (1748). On 13 June 1748 £6 6s was paid by Mrs Bowes to ‘Alexander for a pair of branches lackered’. [Durham RO, D/St/V1488–90]
‘The White Swan’, against the South Gate, St Paul's Churchyard, London, cabinet maker (1740–c. 1758).
Booker, John & Francis
Bowman, William, Liverpool, cm (1788).
Burton, —, Stamford, Lincs., carver and gilder (c. 1826–32). Trade card reads: ‘CARVER, GILDER, Looking Glass and Picture Frame Maker, Bookbinder &c. Glasses polished and silvered. Frames made to Pattern. Old Frames Regilt.
Clinch, Thomas, ‘The Clock Case’, Long Alley, Moorfields, London, clock case maker and japanner (c. 1730)
Collinson and Lock
London; furniture makers, upholsterers, decorators and retailers (fl.1870-1899)
Elward, George & Marsh, William
Dublin, Ireland; upholder and auctioneer (fl.1698-1701)
Recorded ‘…over against Mrs Lucas's Coffee House under the Cork Change on Cork Hill’, 1698-1701.
Ferguson, Mary, address unrecorded, cm or furniture dealer (1686).
Goertz, H. L. & Son, Henry; Thomas D.
London; cabinet maker (b.1693–d.1780)
Born in Wotton-under-Edge, Gloucestershire, Giles Grendey was the son of William and Anne (neé Hall) Grendey.
Fleet St, London; cabinet maker (fl.1690-1723)
Long Acre and St. Martin's Lane, London; cabinet maker (fl.c.1667–d.1715)
170 Pentonville Road, London; bamboo furniture maker (b.1855-d.1921)
Model & Co.
London; bamboo furniture manufacturers; blind makers; artists in stained glass (fl.1881-1900)
Moore, James snr
Morris, Marshall, Faulkner & Co. later Morris & Co.
Nash, Robert, address unknown (1759–65).
Covent Garden, London; cabinet maker (fl.1716–51)
London; cabinet maker and buhl manufacturer (fl. 1805–34)
Perrin, Henry, London, cm and upholder (1724–37). At ‘The Japan'd Cabinet and Clock’, Fleet Ditch 1724–32. His trade card [Banks Coll., BM] shows his trade sign, with representations of a long case clock and japanned cabinet on an elaborate stand.
Ratcliffe, John, York, cm (1740–67). Recorded at Coney St in 1740; Low Ousegate in 1743; ‘next Door to the Sign of the Blue Anchor upon Ouse Bridge’ in 1746; and in St Helen's parish, 1759–67.