Search our furniture makers database, comprising multiple sources.
Displaying 1 - 25 of 53
Banting, France & Co; Banting, France & Banting; Banting & Son; Thomas and William Banting
Beckwith, John, 5 Rathbone Pl., Oxford St, London, upholder and cm (1806–16). Also recorded at 8 Stangate St, Lambeth, in 1808. Trade card [Banks Coll., BM] shows Grecian sofa and elaborate draped window pelmet, and reads ‘from St. Martin's Lane’.
London; cabinet maker and upholsterer (fl.1816–45)
Burnett, Thomas, Strand, London, u and cm (1744–74). Recorded at ‘The King's Arms, against the New Church in the Strand’, 1747–66, and no. 61 Strand, 1760–74. [D] In partnership with Gilbert Burnett, 1747–74.
109 St Martin's Lane, London; cabinet maker (b.1711–d.c.1783)
Curle, Thomas & Son, carpenters (1800–03). Undertook work for the Royal Family. Accounts for work amounted to £69 9s 9d in 1800 and in 1803 £18 14s.
London; upholder and undertaker (fl. 1809–c.1829)
Dawe(s) (or Daws) Robert
17 Margaret St, Cavendish Sq., London, cabinet maker, upholder and recumbent chair manufacturer (1820–39)
Nottingham, Nottinghamshire; chair maker, cabinet maker (fl.1773-91)
Signed the Nottingham Cabinet and Chair Makers’ Book of Prices, 1791, on behalf of the Masters.
Dowbiggin(g) or Dowbiggen, Thomas
Edinburgh Upholstery Company
Eyre(s), James & Large, James, 226 Piccadilly, opposite ‘The Black Bear Inn’, London, carpet, bedding, cabinet warehouse and manufactory, undertakers (1777–99).
France, William jnr; William France & Company; William France & Son
France, William snr
Francis, William; Francis, William Webb
Gardner, Andrew, Woburn, Beds., u (1799–1830). Trading at Market Pl. in 1830, Regularly features in the Woburn Abbey accounts as an u and general handyman. Most of the furniture supplied was for the servants’ quarters or for estate use.
Gomm, William & Richard
Haddock, Elka (Elkanah or Elkunah), London, joiner and cm (1732–43). Recorded as Elkanah in Denmark St, St Giles-in-the-Fields, in 1732; as Elkunah in Greek St, 1737; and Elkanah, late of Dean St, Soho, in 1743.