Search our furniture makers database, comprising multiple sources.
Displaying 1 - 25 of 49
Aycliffe (or Ayliffe), Thomas jnr
London; turner and chair maker (fl.1760–d. 1805)
Laghall, Dumfries, Scotland; woodmonger (fl.1776-78)
Bertram, William; Bertram & Son
London; upholsterer, looking glass maker, carver, gilder and cabinet maker (fl.1839-1902)
Bickadike (Bickerdike or Bickersdike), John
Newcastle; cabinet maker (fl.1734–59)
Burnett, Thomas, Strand, London, u and cm (1744–74). Recorded at ‘The King's Arms, against the New Church in the Strand’, 1747–66, and no. 61 Strand, 1760–74. [D] In partnership with Gilbert Burnett, 1747–74.
Clarkson, Knight & Pratt, Kingston-upon-Thames, Surrey, drapers, mercers, undertakers, u etc. (1794–96).
Cross, Nicholas, 10 Pool Lane and 4 Thomas's St, Liverpool, cm (1754–d. 1780). In 1762 also referred to as a glass grinder.
Devey, John, Woburn, Beds., u, cm and chair manufacturer (1822).
Penrith, Cumberland, and Lancaster, Lancs; chair maker (fl.1773- d.1793)
Elward, George & Marsh, William
London; cabinet maker, upholder and chair maker (fl.1811–28)
Ercolani, Lucian Randolph
High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire; furniture designer, maker and manufacturer (b.1888-d.1876)
Lancaster and Liverpool, Lancs.; cabinet maker (fl.1770-96)
Fell, Joseph, Half Mood Inn Yd, Bigg Mkt, Newcastle, cm (1816). Sale by Joseph Fell of stock of ‘an eminent CABINET-MAKER’ declining business, announced in Durham County Advertiser, 29 June 1816.
France, William snr
Lancaster, Lancs.; (app.1764-fl.c.1789)
Lancaster and London; cabinet makers and upholsterers (fl.c.1730–after 1840)
Lancaster, Lancs.; cabinet maker (b.1753-d.1818)
London; cabinet maker (b.1693–d.1780)
Born in Wotton-under-Edge, Gloucestershire, Giles Grendey was the son of William and Anne (neé Hall) Grendey.
address unrecorded; chair maker (fl.c.1800)
Hewitt (or Hewett), Richard
Upton-cum-Chalvey, Slough, Bucks.; chair maker and wheeler (b.
Jordan, George, Newcastle, joiner, cm and broker (1811–34). At Dog-bank, 1811–16, but in July 1816 announced his move to ‘a large house adjoining the old Bird-in-Bush Inn, Pilgrim St.’.