Search our furniture makers database, comprising multiple sources.
Displaying 1 - 19 of 19
109 St Martin's Lane, London; cabinet maker (b. 1711–d. c. 1783)
'Two Candlesticks and Bell’, Addle Street, London; brass and cabinet founder (d.1740)
Leicester, London, Pinbury & Sapperton, Gloucestershire; architect, chair maker, furniture designer and workshop owner (b.1864-d.1919)
Lancaster, Lancs.; cabinet maker (b.1753-d.1818)
Hodson, John, London, upholder and cm (1709–86). Son of Thomas Hodson, innholder of Lincoln. App. to Thomas Arne jnr on 23 February 1709, and admitted freeman of the Upholders’ Co. by servitude on 3 December 1718. Took app.
Moore, James snr
Covent Garden, London; cabinet maker (fl.1716–51)
Edinburgh, Scotland; cabinet maker and wright (fl.1713-1772)
Quirke, Tom, address unrecorded. Worked at Shardeloes, Bucks. in May 1769 providing two large bookcases ‘with open pediment cornices with door framed ovals flat bead and flush.
Ratcliffe, John, Chester, cm (1812–37). Trading in Foregate St, 1812–19; Britain's Entry in 1826; and Brook St in 1837. Admitted freeman on 10 October 1812.
Reeves, C. Edward, address unrecorded. On 25 July 1754 he submitted a bill to the ‘Hon. Miss Lee’ for items including ‘A Large Chest with a Lock & Hinges’, which cost 16s. [Shakespeare Birthplace Trust, Leigh receipts, DR 18/5]
Reynolds, William Bainbridge
Address not stated; metalworker (fl.1893)
Sayer, John, address unknown (1685). In July 1685 supplied for the 5th Earl of Bedford ‘a large press for writing with lock and hinges’ at £2 15s and ‘a wainscot case and mending the drawers and fitting them in’ 15s. [Bedford Office, London]
Stovell, George, 3 Lower Grosvenor St, London, u (1792–1829). Subscribed to Sheraton's Drawing Book, 1793 and included in the list of master cabinet makers in his Cabinet Dictionary, 1803. Upholsterer to the Prince of Wales, 1801–19.
Taylor & Sons, Gt Dover St, London, cm. Name and address stamped on early 19th-century mahogany bookcase in the library at Moor House, Herts. Over 24 feet long, it must have been made for its position, extending the north wall of the library.
Tibats, H., address unrecorded. Numerous fine mid 18thcentury card tables recorded with ‘H. TIBATS’ stamped on the concertina action hinge. [Furn. Hist., 1966, pp. 44–45]