Cant’s Close and Bridge Street, Edinburgh, Scotland; upholsterer (fl. 1784-89)
Successor to Robert Scyth and in partnership with John Richardson in 1784. Advertised in Edinburgh newspapers April 1784-March 1789. At Cant’s close until May 1784 when he moved to Bridge Street. Partnership with Richardson dissolved 6 September 1787.
Source: Pryke, ‘A Study of the Edinburgh Furnishing Trade Taken from Contemporary Press Notices, 1708-1790’, Regional Furniture (1989).