Address not stated; carver (b.1864-d.1957)
Turner was employed by Walter Cunliffe for work at his new home, Headley Court, about 1898. He carved the limed chestnut Elizabethan style panelling in the drawing room there. In 1891 he joined the Art Workers Guild, served on the committee 1916-18 and became Master in 1922. Through the Guild he met George Jack. In July 1906 Jack was commissioned to build a new Common Room for Rounton Grange and to compose a scheme to decorate its fireplace, and in 1908 he paid Turner £26.10.0 for making the panels and chimney piece. He carved, to George Jack’s design, an eagle lectern in oak for St John’s Church, Derby in 1907 (illus. The Journal of the Decorative Arts Society 1850 to the Present’ (2004) p. 91) and carved and painted the reredos for St Peter and St Paul Godalming, in 1912. In the 1920s Turner worked for C. F. A .Voysey.
Sources: Clarke, ‘George Jack, Master Woodcarver of the Arts & Crafts Movement: In all ways excellent and inspiring’, The Journal of the Decorative Arts Society 1850 to the Present’ (2004); Livingstone, Donnelly & Parry, C F A Voysey Arts & Crafts Designer (2016).