Banbury, Oxfordshire; cabinet and chair maker, joiner and carver (1754–71)
In July 1754 Partridge announced the opening of a shop near ‘The White Lion’ where he offered ‘the most fashionable furniture in the cabinet way: as chairs, drawers, Tables, bureau's, glasses, stands, waiters &c.’
He also offered his services as a carpenter, joiner and carver and stated that he could produce ‘brackets, umbrella, temples, pavilions, pallisadoes, fences, garden seats, windsor and forrest chairs and stools in the modern gothic and chinese taste, and all other things made in wood that are not to be had in this part of the country of any person but himself’. At this date he also had a house in Adderbury.
In April 1760 he advertised for information about his apprentice, John Rimill, who had absconded and later in this year moved to Bodicote.
A further move of address occurred between this date and 1771 when in October a ‘New house … in Oxford Bar late occupied by William Partridge cabinetmaker deceased’ was put up for sale [Jackson's Oxford Journal, 13 July 1754, 1 April 1760, 9 August 1760, 5 October 1771].