Machey (or Mackey), P & G
Dublin, Ireland; carvers, gilders and looking glass manufacturers (fl. 1813-37)
Probably the successors to P & D Machey. Dublin directories for 1813-18 record the firm at 34 Skinner’s Row as carver and gilders. In 1819 as carvers, gilders and looking-glass manufacturers. P & D Mackey, 1812-22, at 3 Skinners Row. 1824-26 missing. 1827-34 at 35 Pill Lane, described as looking-glass manufacturer. 1835, also described as timber merchant, at 35 Pill Lane. 1835-37, also at Clanbrassil Street.
Source: Glin, ‘Dublin Directories and Trade Labels’, Furniture History (1985).