Brown, W., 6 Gt George St, Liverpool, cm and u (1832–34). Advertised in Liverpool Mercury, 18 May 1832, that he ‘has removed from 41 St. James Street to No. 6 Great George Street’. Sale of stock announced, same paper, 2 May 1834, ‘of Mr. W. Brown who is removing from the Premises [at Gt George St] comprising excellent Mahogany Articles, in sets of Chairs, Sofas, & modern Couches, Secretaires, Cabinets, & Cheffioneers, Loo, Card, Pembroke, & Snap Tables, Ladies’ Work Tables, Chests of Drawers, Toilet Tables, & Washstands, Hat Stands, Hall Chairs, etc. Modern Rosewood Card, Loo & Sofa Tables, Cabinet & Ladies’ Work Tables — Set of ten Oak Chairs, Loo Table & Cabinet to correspond, several painted Dressing Tables & Washstands, Chests of Drawers etc: the whole of the best materials & workmanship’.