London; carver and gilder (fl.1814–45)
Trading at 16 Bow St, Bloomsbury in 1814; Compton House, 53 Old Compton St, Soho, 1816; 33 Theobalds Rd, Bedford Row, 1818; no. 32 in 1819; 145 Regent St, 1823–24; 14 Shaftesbury Terr., Pimlico, 1825; and 22 Upper Belgrave Pl., Pimlico, 1828. Recorded in the Royal Household accounts, 1814–31, restoring candelabra, ormolu ornaments and mounts on furniture and chimney pieces at Carlton House, and mending silver-gilt objects and china. In June 1830 he was paid £29 10s for making and gilding the mountings of a ‘large glass shade to cover crystal coffer in the small drawing room’. Supplied 12 ‘Black Stained Chairs’ at 6s 6d in September 1831. Continued to be recorded in the Lord Chamberlain’s accounts until 1845.
Sources: DEFM; Joy, ‘The Royal Victorian Furniture-Makers, 1837-87’, The Burlington Magazine (November 1969).